1. Definition of Personal Information
“Personal Information” means information about you, such as your name, email address, phone number, date of birth, social insurance number, as well as financial information such as your monthly income and expenses, but does not include (to the extent permitted by law) information that is publicly available in a telephone directory or that is business contact information that enables you to be contacted at your place of business.
2. Providing Your Consent
3. Withdrawing Your Consent
You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and on reasonable notice to ned. However, we may not be able to proceed with providing the Services offered to you, and we would not be able to proceed with offering further Services to you, and you would not receive the full benefit of ned’s Services.
4. Information That We Collect
(a) Information that You Provide
You will be asked to voluntarily give your Personal Information to ned when you interact, orally, in writing or by electronic transmission, with ned. In those circumstances, you can choose not to provide certain requested Personal Information, but then we may not be able to proceed with providing the Services offered to you, and we would not be able to proceed with offering further Services to you, and you would not receive the full benefit of ned’s Services.
(b) Electronic Collection (Automated)
ned may automatically collect certain information regarding your use of the ned Services, such as the dates and times that you access the website, and/or Data Incentive Program, the browsers, operating systems, software and devices that you use to access the website or online service and details of your use of the website or online service.
The ned Services may use
1. Technologies (e.g. cookies, web beacons, tokens, pixels or tags) to collect information that assists us to improve our products, services, customer communications and advertising and to prevent fraud; and
2. Information that we collect through technological means to recognize you as a user of the Services, to facilitate and improve your use of the Services, to confirm that messages have been delivered to and opened by you and to provide you with targeted advertisements.
Personal Information That We Use
(b) Sharing Information
ned may share your Personal Information with our principals, affiliates, partners and provider companies who assist to
1. administer and deliver the Services and the Related Transactions;
2. provide information, products and services to you;v
(c) Interest-Based Advertising
6. Personal Information that We Disclose
(b) Specific Consents
We may disclose your Personal Information in accordance with express or implied consents that you give during your interactions and transactions with the Services and Related Transactions.
(c) Principals, Affiliates, Partners and Provider Companies
(d) Disclosure Required by Law
ned may disclose your Personal Information as required or authorized by law, including to law enforcement agencies, other independent organizations, and to third parties
1. to comply with a disclosure obligation pursuant to a legal process;
2. where ned reasonably believes the disclosure is necessary or appropriate in connection with security, law enforcement or other issues of public importance; and
(f) Business Transactions
7. Location of Your Personal Information
ned and its principals, affiliates, partners and provider companies may process, store and use your Personal Information at facilities in Canada and/or in other countries such as the United States of America. The Personal Information protection laws of any other countries might be different from the laws of and within Canada, and might permit courts, government, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies and security authorities to access your Personal Information without notice. By providing your Personal Information to the ned, you consent to the transfer of the Personal Information to facilities located in other countries and the processing and storage of the Personal Information at those facilities.
8. How We Retain Your Personal Information
ned retains your Personal Information for a period of time reasonably necessary or a longer period required or permitted by applicable law
2. to comply with ned’s legal reporting obligations; and
3. to enforce or protect ned’s legal rights.
9. How We Protect Your Personal Information
10. Accuracy of Your Personal Information
11. Access to Your Personal Information
12. Collection, Retention and Use of Non-Personal Information
13. Other Websites and Businesses
14. Other Matters
(a) Disclaimers, Liability Exclusions/Limitations and Disputes:
(b) Changes to this Policy:
(c) Contacting ned’s Privacy Officer: